When I was young,(shortly after the dinosaurs became extinct), the only witnesses to your stupid actions were right there with you, egging you on. Now, with the advent of a cell phone in every hand, your stupid behavior can be posted world wide within seconds on Facebook, U tube, Twitter, Snapchat, Instangram or the nightly national news.
Below are a list of a few words that have been uttered shortly before the shit hits the fan and the incident goes viral.
- Hold my beer and watch this.
- Stand back, I don’t know how this thing works.
- This isn’t going to hurt.
- Doctor to patient: There might be a little discomfort
- Don’t worry, I know what I’m doing.
- Any idiot can do this.
- Who told you that this was impossible to do. Watch me!
- Nothing to it. You just connect these two wires and …
- I can fix it. I read how to do it on the internet.
- Come on try it.
- Give me a screw driver. I can fix that in a jiffy.
- What could possibly go wrong?
- I refuse to pay good money to have it fixed when I can do this myself.
- Just add a little more air. I don’t think it will explode.
- That’s never happened before.
- Who cares? Just do it.
- Maybe we ought to ask permission first.